Re: Graphics issues

From: Andreas Schik
Subject: Re: Graphics issues
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:02:38 +0200

Hello,
I finally found some time to look into that.

Am 05.09.2011 16:41, schrieb Riccardo Mottola:
> Hi,
>
> are you running latest gui? There was a bug that affected loading
> imagereps which affected thumbnails. You reported it yourself and I
> fixed that, but since I was unable to reproduce it, I could not test if
> the fix was correct. Fred fixed my fix later.
Well, it looks like your fix (or Fred's fix for your fix) as such works,
but GWorkspace does not cope with that. The FSNode stuff in GWorkspace
uses an icon cache based on the file extension. So, once it got an image
(no matter whether it is a freedesktop style thumbnail or anything else)
for the first, e.g., PDF all other PDFs will get the same icon from the
cache. You find this in FSNodeRepIcons.m in method
- (NSImage *)iconOfSize:forNode:

If I omit the cache, freedesktop thumbnails come up as expected :-)

Cheers and thanks for the work,
Andreas