Cross-compiling GNUstep?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Cross-compiling GNUstep?
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:09:49 +0100

Hi Everyone,

HP has kindly sent me a TouchPad to play with, so I wanted to run GNUstep on
it.   I've managed to get clang to use their cross-build toolchain, but I'm
having problems with the configure script for -base.  It just aborts if you're
cross compiling.

Am I the first person to try cross-compiling GNUstep?  I was fairly sure
Nikolaus had done this before.  Is there an easy way to tell the configure
thing 'really, I know what I'm doing, just trust me...' and have it assume that
the test programs will work?  I can always tweak configure options until they
actually later...

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620