Re: About Standalone Views

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: About Standalone Views
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 15:19:44 +0100

I haven't tried doing this in a while, but last time I did, Gorm didn't allow moving or even selecting objects in standalone views. I suggested to Gregory that he might add an outline view in which it would be easier to modify view hierarchy, and then any bugs with standalone view support wouldn't actually completely block off nib-based development that needs to make use of standalone views - for example, things based around NSViewController. Any property editing could be made in the inspector even if graphical resizing and moving didn't work.

Sadly, I did not track Gorm or GNUstep to see if this was ever implemented. If it wasn't, I hope it will soon be.