Re: [gap-discuss] ANN: DataBasin 0.4

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [gap-discuss] ANN: DataBasin 0.4
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 20:11:21 -0500

    However, I think it is pretty clear that business is oing to explore the
    way of the "service" in terms of SaaS and PaaS.

It is pretty clear that many businesses will pay no attention to what
we say.  So what?  People don't all follow our guidelines, but we still
need to provide them for the sake of whoeverwill follow them.

    Like it or not. Maybe and perhaps hopefully it might not last in its
    current form, but ignoring it or "fighting" it is useless.

It's not only useful, it is necessary.  We must show people what must
be avoided if they are to have freedom.  Even if many ignore our
advice, some will pay attention.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation