Re: Strange thing observed with Gorm with regard to GSBurn

From: Andreas Schik
Subject: Re: Strange thing observed with Gorm with regard to GSBurn
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 09:20:38 +0100

Hello Sebastian,
while reading this again, an idea cam across my mind. Could it be that
the window simply pops up out of the visible screen area? I have checked
with Gorm and the parameter window's X position by default is 1030,
which is just outside VGA resolution. I have corrected this window to
sit more in the middle of a VGA screen. Please check the window's Gorm
files out and try again.

Andreas

Am 12.12.2011 19:34, schrieb Sebastian Reitenbach:
> Hi,
>
> I have a very strange problem. I'm trying to figure out, why the Burn
> Parameters Window doesn't open for me on OpenBSD. For Andreas it just works
> (TM).
>
> I tried opening it in Gorm on my notebook, the ParametersWindow.gorm. Gorm
> opens the "normal" Project window, where I have the menu with Objects,
> Images, Sounds, ... But it doesn't open the Parameters window itself. When I
> use ALT-TAB, then I have A Gorm window called "Window" which is actually the
> Parameters Window I guess. When I switch to it, nothing shows up. I thought
> it might start hidden, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
>
> When I run GSBurn.app, and put some files on the CD Compilation, and then
> click on the Burn button, in order to open The Parameters Window, then Burn
> starts to not respond anymore. Its because the Parameters Window is modal.
> Also here, with Alt-TAB, I have the Parameter Window in the list of windows,
> but its not visible no idea where it is, its not on my screen.
>
> Now the fun part: When I login to the notebook via SSH -Y , and then start
> Gorm, and again, try to open the ParametersWindow.gorm, then Gorm opens it
> successfully, and I can see it.
> When I start Burn remotely, the window doesn't show up.
>
> -base, -gui, -back, and Gorm from SVN. GSBurn.app from CVS from here:
> http://gsburn.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gsburn/Burn.app/
>
> I don't understand why, and I'm kind of lost here.
> Someone has an idea what this could be, or how to debug it?
>
> Sebastian

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Andreas Schik

SYSGO AG
Office Mainz
Am Pfaffenstein 14 / D-55270 Klein-Winternheim / Germany
Phone: +49-6136-9948-0 / Fax: +49-6136-9948-10
VoIP: SIP:ahe@sysgo.com
E-mail:  andreas.schik@sysgo.com / Web:  http://www.sysgo.com
Handelsregister/Commercial Registry: HRB Mainz 90 HRB 8066
Vorstand/Executive Board: Michael Tiedemann (CEO), Knut Degen (COO)
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Supervisory board chairman: Juergen Bullacher
UStId-Nr./VAT No.: DE 149062328