printing, default printer

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: printing, default printer
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:19:25 +0100

Hello,

I want to print-preview a document. I'm on OpenBSD, cups is installed, but no printer is configured.

I use Print ... -> "preview".

The only printer I see is "Unnamed". That's fine I think, I suppose I should be able to preview a document without having any printer installed.

When I do preview, I get "nothing". The same happens if choose "Save".

In the console I see:

lpr: Unnamed: unknown printer

What could be wrong? I think to remember that we used to have a "Dummy printer". But perhaps that was on another operating system or another cups version? I'm unsure.

Riccardo