Re: CoreBase Status

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: CoreBase Status
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 15:40:27 -0500

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM, David Chisnall <theraven@freebsd.org> wrote:
Please don't.  These are considered deprecated in FreeBSD 10 in favour of the C11 atomics stuff (which will wrap the GCC __sync* stuff if compiling with gcc or the new C11 atomics builtins if compiling with clang).

Thanks for the info, David.  I was not aware of the new C11 features.  I browsed through wikipedia for a few minutes and found there are some interesting additions.  I'll wait until I can get my hands on a C11 compliant compiler, though.