Re: Slow application startup when using a theme

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Slow application startup when using a theme
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 17:57:23 +0100

Hi,

On 01/09/2012 12:58 AM, Philippe Roussel wrote:
Hi,

I just noticed that applications start a lot slower when using a non
default theme like Neos.
Under windows, when using the native theme, times are even longer. I know that windows / mingw seems to be slow in file lookup and opening, so this is quite compatible with your explanation.
We suffer from file type overload!
But as you later point out, there is perhaps a smarter way to try to do less lookups in any case.

Riccardo