Re: Problem with NSShortDateFormatString

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Problem with NSShortDateFormatString
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 16:45:11 +0100

Hi,

On 01/28/12 13:36, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
Hi,

while looking into AddressManager, I found, I can enter a birth date, but its
not shown there.

Its using this in Frameworks/AddressView/ADPersonPropertyView+Private.m to set
the value that should be shown:

val = [val descriptionWithCalendarFormat:[[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults]
objectForKey:NSShortDateFormatString]];

Looking into -base, I think it should take the format string from
Resources/Languages/<Language>

I don't have a locale set, but also tried to set LC_CTYPE='de_DE.UTF-8' or
LANG, or LC_ALL, but no change.
there is something fishy there: on GNUstep running on NetBSD Birdthays can be typed in, loaded and displayed just fine. The same think on linux doesn't work. Since it used to work, we have a new bug here.

Riccardo