Re: Two question: re projectcenter & pbxbuild

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Two question: re projectcenter & pbxbuild
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 12:34:34 +0100

If you're just starting and are unwilling to debug pbxbuild (and any other conversion tools that may be out there), I'd recommend looking at existing simple projects' GNUmakefiles and writing your own GNUmakefiles. Project Center is a nice tool if you don't want to write them manually, but you do have to fiddle around with Project Center a bit to tame it and get it to work your way.

.pbxproj files (the core files in .xcodeproj bundles) are a bit tricky and if your project is any more complex than a simple application target, you may run into issues with any non-Apple software. Last year I began writing an IDE based around .pbxproj files, Xcode 3's UI, and (at some point) Xcode 3's build spec files, but that's currently on hold.