Re: Localized string compare

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: Localized string compare
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 19:28:11 -0700

Hi Stef,
Thanks for pointing that out; I committed a fix. Also added support for ignoring diacritics, case, or both.
Eric

On 2012-03-02, at 7:31 PM, Stefan Bidi wrote:

Eric, I was taking a look at some of what you did (maybe use some of that in corebase) and I think you're not using the "dist" variable.  According to the Apple documentation:
Prior to Mac OS X v10.5, the locale argument was an instance of NSDictionary. On Mac OS X v10.5 and later, if you pass an instance of NSDictionary the current locale is used instead.

So we need to be ready to handle an NSDictionary.  Should be easy enough to just check the class before continuing on.  I would add the check myself but I'm out of town and can't do anything.

Stef