Re: no close button

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: no close button
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:10:40 +0100

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:05, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
well, there is no real need for it. It is designed to have the main window always visible, if you want, you need to quit the application.
I think it is just fine, it always bugged me that in the apple version you can "close" the only window of the application.

It's a matter of taste I think and different themes should jast adapt.

All I have to say is:

-(BOOL) applicationShouldTerminateAfterLastWindowClosed:(NSApplication*)theApplication
{
  return YES;
}

This is a great thing to do in single-window (non-document) apps. SystemPreferences seems to qualify. Regular windows should always be closable.

--
Ivan Vučica - ivan@vucica.net