Re: Lack of TelephoneDirectory.h

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Lack of TelephoneDirectory.h
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 14:31:25 +0200

With a bit of googling, I found it here.

http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/base/branches/freeze-1_4_0/Documentation/manual/ExampleCode.texi

It looks like it should (and used to be) an appendix for the documentation, but it isn't at the moment. This is what I base my conclusion on:

In the 'Distributed Objects' chapter, it was left as an exercise to
prepare code for a simple client/server telephone directory. Below is
one implementation that you can compare with your own version.

If you are reading the on-screen version of this manual, then you can
copy and paste the code to suitably named files, and then make and run
each program. The directory only stores the telephone numbers of two
people: Jack and Jill.

To use the telephone directory first run the server and then the client,
passing either Jack or Jill as a command line argument. If you pass any
other name then the number will be displayed as 'Number not found'.

Someone should probably just "svn cp" this into the current docs, and edit the table of contents.