Re: Configure problem

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Configure problem
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:49:02 +0200

Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when configuring, I use the following options:
> ./configure --disable-icu --with-ffi-include=/usr/lib/libffi-3.0.10/include
>
> then configure ends, but I get these warnings!
>
> config.status: config.h is unchanged
> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-icu, --with-ffi-include
>
> Afterwards, compilation appears to work, thus it is perhaps a bugs warning.

I assume this happened when configuring -base. The warning messages are issued
by the local configuration inside the SSL directory, which indeed doesn't
handle these options. To get rid of these warning one could add AC_ENABLE and
AC_WITH macros to SSL/configure.ac, but doing that would be a major pain since
you would have to do it _for every_ configuration option and not just the ones
you happen to be using.

Wolfgang