Re: pure gnustep system

From: Dan Hitt
Subject: Re: pure gnustep system
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:33:59 -0700

Well, i still don't like building a unique system but i've been more
or less persuaded to (apparently it would be possible to install from
the live cd by copying it to a suitable device, but it would be a dead
end).

So i installed debian 6.0.4 ("squeeze") and installed the recommended
packages from the live cd's web site
   http://www.aiei.ch/gnustep/

There is no wdm, but wmaker does exist.

However my system still looks quite gnome-y (which, btw, isn't bad for
linux, but not very gnustep-y).

So presumably that means i have to go through a bunch of configuration
(at the least, setting up a window manager and file browser, i guess).

Any clues on this (e.g., URLs, faqs, etc)?

Thanks in advance for any further info, and we'll see how this goes.

dan