Re: GNUstep Project Center Build problem

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep Project Center Build problem
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 21:36:54 +0200

Hi,

周承康 wrote:
Dear GNUstep:

I'm a new comer of GNUstep. Once I install the GNUstep (include Project
Center&  Gorm)
and input a sample code, I'm now faced a problem when I press "Build"
button.

error message :

5: /common.make : no such file or directory
50: /aggregate.make : no such file or directory
51: /application.make : no such file or directory

GNUmakefile:5: /common.make : no such file or directory
GNUmakefile:50: /aggregate.make : no such file or directory
GNUmakefile:51: /application.make : no such file or directory
make: *** Norule to make target '/application.make'. Stop.
===Build terminated! ===

and after I survey from google search, I still can't get any helpful
solution.
So I have to get some advise from GNUstep. thanks.

The problem is that for some reason your gnustep environment is not properly set up when executing make. I suppose that if you "cd" to your project directory and type "make" (that is exactly what the project center "build" button does for you, no fancy stuff) you will get the same error.
You need to have "GNUstep.sh" sourced before starting gnustep applications.

The question is thus what OS are you running on? How did you install the gnustep packages? How do you start project center? It might be a bug of your installation or the packages you used.

Thanks
   Riccardo