Re: In regard to GNUmail.app and SMTP authentification

From: Kristian Poul Herkild
Subject: Re: In regard to GNUmail.app and SMTP authentification
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 22:20:13 +0200

On 2012-05-29 18:03:55 +0200 Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@herkild.dk> writes:
>
>> On 2012-05-28 21:37:43 +0200 Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ...snip...
>>>
>>> On what operating system do you use GNUmail.app?
>
>> I'm using a somewhat generic/homegrown GNU/Linux, based on LFS-7.1
>> with minor updates, and some packages from CBLFS and BLFS-svn
>> (different versions from March to May 2012), and some packages outside
>> the LFS-world. The non-GNUstep packages are compiled with GCC-4.6.2
>> (without objc, objc++) and GNUstep framework and GS-based packages are
>> compiled with LLVM/Clang 3.0, using libobjc2-1.6.
>
> Very intresting!
>
> Can you run on you Operating system the recent version of Gorm.app and
> ProjectCenter.app too? And maybe have you Étoilé installed too?

I haven't gotten around to Étoilé yet (but I'm going to need Vindaloo and
PopplerKit, so I'll get there... eventually). Gorm-1.2.16 works fine, but
1.2.12 fails to compile. ProjectCenter from SVN works fine, but the
0.6.0-release fails to compile. I'm of course using newest stable gnustep-core
packages.

I'm going to look at Vespucci, SimpleWebKit, Flexisheet and Bean later. And
figure out how to make Grr work properly.

In the beginning I got SMTP-authentification errors with GNUmail, but after
installing gnutls (possibly unrelated to the issue?) and having pressed the
"Check"-button several times, it suddenly worked (near)perfectly. It does
however have a tendency to forget to delete mails from the server (resulting in
some mails being duplicated several times), though it ought to delete them
immediately.

-kristian