Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:02:06 +0200

Philippe Roussel <p.o.roussel@free.fr> writes:

> The packages list looks like :
>  * gnustep-{make,base,gui,back} and related dev packages
>  * addressmanager
>  * agenda
>  * cynthiune (didn't build for some configs)
>  * easydiff
>  * edenmath
>  * gnumail
>  * gorm
>  * gworkspace
>  * gnustep-examples
>  * laternamagica
>  * lusernet
>  * notebook
>  * poe
>  * terminal
>  * textedit
>  * systempreferences
>  * vindaloo (with iconkit and popplerkit from Etoile)
>  * waiho
>  * renaissance
>  * zipper
>  * helpviewer
>  * projectcenter

> Please let me know if you find this useful, if a package is broken, if
> you would like to add another package to the list etc.

After I added your GPG key to apt I can install your's packages without
warnings.

I must first to purge every gnustep installation installed before I
added your repository into my sources.list.

After that I install gnustep-devel and try out ProjectCenter and
Gorm. These works, in any case I doesn't find any problem with these,
except when in ProjectCenter I want to open an existing project I must
to wait longer to get the filemanager opened.

I install addressmanager.app and gnumail.app too and with these I have
problems:

$ AddressManager
AddressManager: error while loading shared libraries:
libgnustep-gui.so.0.20: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

$ GNUMail
GNUMail: error while loading shared libraries: libgnustep-gui.so.0.20:

How can I solve this problem on my Debian testing/sid system?

--
Regards from Pal