Re: ProjectCenter & Emacsclient editor setup?

From: DantoAC
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter & Emacsclient editor setup?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 12:01:24 -0400

El Fri, 27 Jul 2012 10:10:13 +0200
Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed gnustep from the
> deb http://coyote.octets.fr/pub/gnustep/packages/wheezy/amd64/ ./
>
> repository:
> ProjectCenter version 0.6.1
>
> I have the environment variable EDITOR setup in files:
> ~/.xinitrc
> and
> ~/.xsessionrc
> export ALTERNATE_EDITOR="emacs" EDITOR="emacsclient"
> VISUAL="emacsclient"
>
> I first start Emacs.
> I have setup in ~/.emacs file for emacs server-mode:
>  '(server-mode t)

seems that when you start emacs, you're always starting it in server
mode.

you should start emacs in your xinitrc like following:

emacs --daemon

then, your environment variables could be:

ALTERNATE_EDITOR="emacs" #a new instance of emacs
EDITOR="emacsclient -t" # text-mode client, connects to running daemon
VISUAL="emacsclient -c" # x11 gtk client, connects to running daemon