Re: adding a flag for the linker in a certain order

From: Dan Hitt
Subject: Re: adding a flag for the linker in a certain order
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 13:30:10 -0700

Just for reference here, some people on the gcc-help list
gave me a work-around for this issue.

The work around is to link in the whole archive, via:

ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS=-Wl,--whole-archive,/full/path/to/lib1.a,/full/path/to/lib2.a,...,--no-whole-archive

Here, /full/path/to/lib1.a is a static library containing the same
symbols that i wanted to link in.

But i would still like to be able to place my LDFLAGS anywhere i want
in the gnustep GNUmakefile, so if there is a way of doing that somebody
please let me know.

(It would be better because it would be more natural and i could use the
-l abbreviation for libraries which is probably more portable.)

So thanks in advance for any clues on that front, or maybe a pointer to
the docs (because maybe it's right there but i'm just looking over it??).

dan