local machine name in GWorkspace

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: local machine name in GWorkspace
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:05:59 +0100

Hi,

GWorkspace reports in its file viewer the local machine name as "root" and assigns it the "root" pc. It thus has the "short" hostname of the computer. It always worked for me on all computers!

I just noticed though that on OpenBSD 5.2 I get "localhost".

I wonder why and where is the bug? IN base or GWorkspace?

Do other have this issue? I wonder if it is a set up of my local machine OpenBSD or if it happens on different setups too.

Riccardo