Re: WebServer using https [SOLVED]

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: WebServer using https [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 17:53:57 +0100

On 23 May 2013, at 17:49, Richard Frith-Macdonald
<richardfrithmacdonald@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess this is an issue of Debian using a very old version of GNUstep then
> .... the current GNUstep uses GNUTLS for TLS/SSL, and the license for that is
> identical to the license for the GNUstep core libraries (LGPL).

Do we use GNUTLS for everything?  I thought we used OpenSSL for some things and
GNUTLS for others.  As I recall, the problem with OpenSSL was that it used a
4-clause BSDL with the 'obnoxious' advertising clause making it incompatible
with GPLv2 stuff (not sure about v3).  Apple's CommonCrypto also contains some
OpenSSL code under this license.

David