Re: Copying native library into app bundle and linking from there

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Copying native library into app bundle and linking from there
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 14:13:51 +0200

I think no -- there is probably no built in support as ATM almost all GNUstep
apps are shipped as source code.

Use @rpath on non-OS X and use @executable_path on OS X as part of the path to
the library (in Xcode that's the INSTALL_PATH).

Please google around for further reference; this is somewhat complex to get
right, but is not all THAT difficult.

Even with OS X where this is a common scenario you have to think carefully
about what you are doing -- the defaults for producing frameworks are not
optimized for your scenario, but for producing frameworks to be placed in
/Library/Frameworks (and even then...)

If I'm wrong, someone can correct me

Regards,

Ivan Vučica