Etoile and PopplerKit

From: Patryk Laurent
Subject: Etoile and PopplerKit
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 01:37:29 +0000 (GMT)

I was trying to build Etoile for the first time, but got several compilation errors on my Ubuntu system.  Mostly I've been commenting out/patching the offending lines ("When in doubt/Comment it out") and documenting the process as I got along.

However, PopplerKit seems to be having some major issues.

Is there some way to build Etoile without PopplerKit?  PopplerKit seems woefully out of date... and I see email discussions from Feb 2013 with no resolution on how to get it working.

Thank you,
Patryk