Re: Status of ARC + corebase

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Status of ARC + corebase
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 08:41:58 +0000

On 28 Jan 2014, at 20:48, Stefan Bidi <stefanbidi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since no one has responded to you, yet, I'll go ahead and throw my 2 cents.
> I'm the "maintainer" of corebase, but I have no idea how to interface ARC
> with corebase's retain count system.

ARC will integrate correctly with anything that implements -retain,
-autorelease and -release.  This won't get you the fast paths, but it will
work, as long as they look like Objective-C types.  There's an attribute you
can stick on C types to indicate that they support ARC as well.

David

-- Send from my Jacquard Loom