Re: GWorkspace Filesystem browser shows empty entries for dirs with umla

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GWorkspace Filesystem browser shows empty entries for dirs with umlauts
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:08:09 +0100

Hi,

sorry for not replying eariler,

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
On Thursday, October 3, 2013 17:24 CEST, "Sebastian Reitenbach" <sebastia@l00-bugdead-prods.de> wrote:
Hi,

I stumbled across this one on OpenBSD 5.2, with following set:
$ set | grep -i LC
LC_ALL=en_EN.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
$ set | grep ENCOD
GNUSTEP_STRING_ENCODING=NSUTF8StringEncoding

In a directory I have directories with umlauts in it:

for example:
$ cd /tmp/
$ mkdir test
$ cd test
$ mkdir blah blech blubb blöbb
^^
that was done in an xterm.

but for example in other places I have a directory
that was extracted from a zip file

$ ls Koelsch/
K??lsch - 1977 (2013)

which is shown right in the GWorkspace filesystem
browser as Kölsch ...

for some reason then if the files comes from ZIP it is consistent with GWorkspace, but if you name it in xtem, then it apparenlty has a different locale than GWorkspace? Your locales are set reasonably at a first glance.

The first thing would be to see what NSFileManager reports in a NSString for your two names.

Riccardo