Re: teaching gworkspace about my file types

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: teaching gworkspace about my file types
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:04:43 +0100

Hi,

I don't have
Michael P. Soulier wrote:
So shouldn't GWorkspace know what an .odp file is?
did you run "make_services" after installing your wrappers?

I also find it odd that if I double-click on a file, nothing happens. No
error, no app fired up, nothing. That's bad UI.
agreed, but we need to pinpoint what's actually happening

Also, why can I not simply right-click and tell GWorkspace to associate the
file type with an application permanently? Or can I? It's quite confusing to
Go to the content inspector, you should see the associated applications. If you have more than one, you can choose by douple-clicking and overriding the default.

Riccardo