GNUstep 64Bit on CentOS or Solaris

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: GNUstep 64Bit on CentOS or Solaris
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 16:03:17 +0200

Hi all,

I have a new project on the table for which I need to get rid of the 4GB
limitation of 32Bit processes. I therefore need a 64Bit GNUstep development
environment (make, base, gui, back) so that I can build a GNUstep tool that is
capable of handling more than 4GB in memory.

• OS (CentOS or Solaris 10)
• gcc
• GNUstep 64Bit build

My GNUstep tree (have been using that successfully for years now) is rather
ancient but works fine. I have a Solaris 10 box and a machine with
CentOS-5.4-x86_64-bin I could use for the project (both equipped with 64GM
RAM).

What's the quickest way to get GNUstep (either my ancient tree or current
sources) to build in 64Bit mode on either of these machines? Hints and help
(may be even a cook receipt)  are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Best wishes,

 Andreas