Objective-C, by its heart.

From: Kevin Ingwersen
Subject: Objective-C, by its heart.
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 00:34:20 +0200

Hey folks!

Some might remember me as a curios researcher about „Named Function Parameters“
and in general, someone who tried to port the GNUstep Platform to MacOS but got
stuck on libobjc2. But I have been getting a bit more into the language itself,
using ObjFW to generalize my code somewhat. But I have came across something
that I am curios about.

I would like to write my app using FLTK and ObjC - across platforms. I have
thought about a „mobile toolchain“, that took advantage of the native Windows
SDK but compile ObjC code instead - like using a mini-version of GCC with ObjFW
runtime and WinAPI.

My question is: Is that possible? Is there a way to make GCC pick up and use
ONLY a Windows SDK -or the installation of Visual C++ in general - instead of
anything like MinGW or GNUstep, so that I could compile native code, in which
WinAPI, or FLTK in that way, and ObjC live together, without too much hassle?

I saw Clang-CL, but I am currently not able to test if clang-cl will attempt to
compile ObjC code (in which case I would have found my solution already, but I
have doubts).

Kind regards,
Ingwie.