The Swift Programming Language: what is our position towards this?

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: The Swift Programming Language: what is our position towards this?
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 21:12:05 +0200

Hi 'steppers,

I am sure the one or another of us has heard about that new language for
Cocoa/Cocoa Touch that Apple has recently introduced:

https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/ios/documentation/Swift/Conceptual/Swift_Programming_Language/AboutTheLanguageReference.html

What is our position towards this? Is there already an official GNUstep
position? If not, what are your opinions? Does anybody know about the legal
status of this language, e.g. whether we're allowed to support it or not?

Happy stepping,

        Lars