GWorkspace bug

From: address@hidden
Subject: GWorkspace bug
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 22:36:09 +0200

Hi Riccardo,

as you proposed I tried it with the recent GWorkspace version. The problem
still exists.

As documented here:

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/Reference/NSFileManager.html

it's not good to use colons in filenames.

Windows and GWorkspace prohibit users from using colons in filenames.

But wine creates those links nonetheless.

Is there a way to exclude folders from the search?

Markus

I did not try to reproduce your bug yet, however the current release
is 0.9.2

http://www.gnustep.org/experience/GWorkspace.html

And was released last year! I have 0.9.3 almost ready, but there is a
strange bug I can't understand/fix so I am delaying it. Still 0.8.8 is
from 2010, there were 3 newer releases with lots of bug fixes!!

  fear Ubuntu getspackages from Debian and those seem to be very old.
I'm a bit outraged about their update slowness, I don't understand
that.
I know of atleast one bug which can make 0.8.8 immediately CRASH just
by drag-and-dropping a file in certain circumstances. I took over
GWorkspace maintainership really because it was bitrotting.

Riccardo

------------------------

Hello,

i found a bug in GWorkspace's searchtool.

It was because of my wine installation that i found it.

When using GWorkspace's searchtool in my home directory the search
never reached an end.

GWorkspace output was

searchtool[7257] Failed to recurse into directory ...

What causes the problem is that wine creates some symlinks named z: ,
c: , e::

and so forth under the directory .wine/dosdevices

to reproduce the bug:

(I'm using GWorkspace 0.8.8 and ubuntu 14.04

create a directory.

If in that directory there are at least two files (normal file, folder
or symlink)

with exactly ONE letter and a following colon.  e.g. "m:" and "r:"

searchtool never reaches an end, when recursing in that directory.

Bye

Markus