Cant Disable ObjC Exceptions?

From: Jeremy Agostino
Subject: Cant Disable ObjC Exceptions?
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 16:49:47 -0400

I’ve got my gnustep-make configured to disable objective-c exception support
but when I build I get the error that "gnustep-base is configured to use
'traditional' exceptions, but you are building for 'native' exceptions.”
Looking at the clang arguments I see -fexceptions and -fobjc-exceptions. I’m
not sure where these are coming from. I even edited common.make and commented
out the sections that append those flags to the OBJCFLAGS and LDFLAGS and they
still show up in the build arguments. Where could those flags be coming from?