Re: ProjectCenter Editor parenthesis highlighting segfault

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter Editor parenthesis highlighting segfault
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:54:14 +0200

Hi,

Ivan Vučica wrote:

Hopefully you'll read Raymond Chen's blogpost I previously quoted as well, to see why your bug report against GCC may get rejected.

This was an outright bug in PC code, and a violation of C standards, which let the compiler make some wild assumptions. It would be nice if a warning was generated, too. However, a compiler bug, this probably was not.

read here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24296571/why-does-this-loop-produce-warning-iteration-3u-invokes-undefined-behavior-an

well, you could
1) compile without optimizations and see if the code works (or at least "does not work in an expected way") 2) reading the example posted above, we see gcc producing a warning , it would be nice to get one too

the code was buggy, now it is better. Though, again, at a first glance the "-1" condition should always have caught, I fear we have here one bug showing another...

So I ask
1) without optimizations, does it work for you (as it used to work for us and continues to work) 2) with the fix and with optimiziation, do parentheses actually highligh/unhighlight (both of them). Try () [] and {}. Try checking that with parentheses close together, but also with some far-apart, like {} of a block several lines apart

Riccardo