Re: webarchive saved web pages

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: webarchive saved web pages
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 16:58:01 +0100

Hi,

Ivan Vučica wrote:
However, I'm looking at a arbitrary .webarchive I found online. I'm only guessing the structure and contents from viewing this file using 'less'. So -- and I'm only guessing -- it seems to me that files don't have a "local" name or ID, and aren't referenced using one. That is, HTML doesn't seem to be rewritten to use a local file. I would suspect that Safari intercepts resource loads and serves content stored in NSDictionary, which (if I'm guessing right) is ingenious.
if it will prove, it needs to be determined if it is WebKit or Safari and in case port this feature to SWK / Vespucci :) Although give the rest of the state of things, it is surely not so important.

Riccardo