Mac compatility problem: recent items menu

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Mac compatility problem: recent items menu
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 01:04:59 +0100

Hi,

I have this time a "reverse" problem. Both Graphos and PRICE are document based application and as such have an "open recent" menu.

Now, it works fine and on Mac 10.3/10.4 and on GNUstep, but on Mac 10.6 and later (Gregory tested 10.10) it doesn't. Now even if I compile in 10.4 mode or take over the working binary from 10.4 on 10.6 and execute it in Rosetta, it does not work.

Now, for sure here Apple is having a compatibility problem when running older stuff, but that is not the point: the code should work fine in version after 10.6! Can someone give me a clue what broke/changed? Afterwards e should then check GNUstep.

I did not find anything relevant among the warnings but also not on the internet when searching the matter.

Riccardo