Re: CoreFoundation

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: CoreFoundation
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 14:51:36 +0100

Hi,

Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
I think plists is a great way to store preferences and with base+cf I could have a universal way to access and modify system preferences in plists from both ObjC and C. I image there might be a situation where I wanna use plists for compatibility with gnustep but there is no objc+base installed.
no real need for CoreFoundation, Mac worked fine before it. However I agree plists are very nice. NetBSD has a small C library, standard with the system, which manipulates plists! I didn't know they were plists, but while working with ACPI I found out I could just feed them into an NSStrin and voila... really beautiful.

Riccardo