Re: Hang in font panel with certain fonts

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Hang in font panel with certain fonts
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 10:41:03 +0100

Hi,

a rainy day.... Fred didn't ask anything further the problem is still open!

Eric Wasylishen wrote:
n (next line without stepping into function calls)
s (step into function calls)
finish (finish execution of the current function and break at the next
line in the caller).

Note which line you start on, and keep using the 'n' command (or 's'
or 'finish', if needed) until execution loops back to where you
started.
I usually try to inspect with printfs(), but I tried to poke around with your system. It is hard because the loop is so big and has many breaks and continues and macros... While doing that I wanted to print out certain values (ascenders, etc...). I couldn't print them
I did thus recompile GSHorizontalTypeSetter (and only that) with debug=yes
And voilĂ ! it works!! this is bad. Either we trigger a compile bug or, in my experience more probable, we have a bad condition somewhere, some float comparison something weak or even a 1-off byte access.

Riccardo