Re: Is there any way to use ARC in 32-bit?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Is there any way to use ARC in 32-bit?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 23:55:40 +0100

Hi,

On 2015-01-28 23:43:12 +0100 Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

Is it still necessary to support GCC?

yes, some of us use that.
Furthermore, an important person made an idiotic fuss about we even suggesting the availability of clang. It right now a sore object and I hope some dust will settle to "sanity" soon. Let us not dig further in the argument as of know and let's hope it will solve to the best.

Could GNUstep at least default to clang, to make it easier for people to get started?

For me CC=clang CXX=clang++ was all what I needed on NetBSD, but perhaps luck vaires here?

On FreeBSD I got crazy to compile libobjc2 with cmake until I gave up and used the system packaged one, which luckily exists.

Riccardo