Re: Hang in font panel with certain fonts

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Hang in font panel with certain fonts
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 00:19:39 +0100

Hi,

I sent you the ASM privately, I keep the subject her epublic because I have more general news.

The thread up to now was on NetBSD/x86/clang

I just discovered than on OpenBSD/x86/gcc I get an extremely similar behaviour. I have the same "Terminal" font and it hangs. I have then a "Fixed" font and it hangs with certain sizes. I then attempted to compile only GSHorizontalTypeSetter.m with "debug=yes" and exactly as on the other system it works

Supposing thus that it is imporbable that clang and gcc have the "same" bug, it is more probable that the code is fragile and that the same optimizations applied trigger the same behaviour. What do you think?

This is then for certain a bug that affects more systems, not just one specific machine of mine.

Riccardo