preferences from app bundle. GS vs. Mac

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: preferences from app bundle. GS vs. Mac
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 20:32:52 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to get TalkSoup running on Mac. I have the core app, Framework and essential I/O bundles compiled. When the app starts it crashes. Besides that the code is a bit weak, the problem I have is that several defaults do not get loaded.

There is a Default.plist in the app, but also in the bundles.

The code is trying to get the values from the bundles, the code should be this:

    if ([aKey hasPrefix: @"GNUstepOutput"])
    {
        NSDictionary *y;
        id newKey = [aKey substringFromIndex: 13];

        y = [[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults]
           objectForKey: @"GNUstepOutput"];

        if ((z = [y objectForKey: newKey]))
        {
            return z;
        }

        z = [defaultPreferences objectForKey: newKey];

        [self setPreference: z forKey: aKey];

        return z;
    }

If aKey has GNUstepOutputXXX prefix then I suppose it is looking for a new pref. dictionary using GNUstepOutput as key, then "XXX" remaining as a key of this.

However "y" is il for me.

how should this actually work? It looks as if GS "chains" the defaults? Should this work on Mac?

Defaults.list are in Resources of the framework of the bundle.

Riccardo