Nonfragile ABI libobjC flags for cmake

From: Jacek Wisniowski
Subject: Nonfragile ABI libobjC flags for cmake
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:30:32 +0100

Hi,

my name is Jacek Wisniowski. I am a developer and trying to get modern objC to work with raspberryPI.
On Github I created a small repository which should contain some simple scripts to install modern
objC on the raspberryPi with some example code. In the GIT-Repo there is a folder GNUstep, which contains
a script which downloads the sources from GNUstep and compiles them.

I need support for llvm, clang, dispatch_queues and ARC. Since 2014 I am trying to compile libobjc2 with
non fragile abi. Unfortunately I have no idea how to tell cmake to use it. The compiler complains that I need
to use non fragile abi. What is the cmake flag to get libobjc2 compiled with non fragile abi?

Here is a short compiler dump:
[ 48%] Building CXX object Test/CMakeFiles/BlockTest_arc.dir/BlockTest_arc.m.o
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fobjc-runtime=gnustep-1.7'
error: -fobjc-arc is not supported with fragile abi
Test/CMakeFiles/BlockTest_arc.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'Test/CMakeFiles/BlockTest_arc.dir/BlockTest_arc.m.o‘ failed

For GNUstep to build "--enable-objc-nonfragile-abi“ works perfectly. I just don’t know how to tell cmake to build libobjc2 using non fragile abi.

My goal is to first get clang, GNUstep, ARC and dispatch_queues to run and create a nice script for all raspberryPi users to get started. I like
objectiveC and it would be nice if all the iphone developers out there could recycle their code on raspberryPI.

I would like to see some of these on raspberry pi: http://www.sprite-kit.com/opensource/
I have seen on the internet that i.e. a Sprite Kit port is open sourced: http://sourceforge.net/projects/csk/

Previously I asked Riccardo Mottola, he gave me the hint to subscribe to this list.

thanks in advance,

Jacek