Re: Building libobjc2 on ubuntu

From: Luis Garcia Alanis
Subject: Re: Building libobjc2 on ubuntu
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 21:53:51 -0700

Hi Patryk,

The wiki wants me to build my own clang, I am trying to use the one that comes with the distro. At this stage if it does not build there is a problem with libobjc2 or with the compiler packaging (moving things around) or it might be both.

Why build our own compiler if the distro has a recent one?

I think there is a bug in the distro compiler since it moves the directory full of cmakes to another location and then it cant find them. but then after making the symlink why does it still can't find the required AddLLVM.cmake file?

Something is messed up in the default build env.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Luis