Re: Terminal.app test color

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Terminal.app test color
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 13:05:40 +0200

Hi,

On 03/30/15 08:49, Michele Bert wrote:
I suspected that!
And what if I turn anti-alias off?
My problem is that I use very small fonts. It doesn't matter if font doesn't look nice, but it matters whether it is clear!
Is it a GNUstep setting, or what else?

if you have bitmap fonts and select the correct size, cairo and xlib+freetype won't antialias them. The same should be for art.

I don't know if there is a setting to specifically don't alias a certain font. If it is a scalable font with no bitmap display, it looks ugly usually. I myself don't like AA generally, I prefer without for most text and interface.

If you use really small fonts perhaps we should have a preference for AA below a certain pixel size, like MacOS. I don't know if our backends have provision for that.

Riccardo