Re: bundle path problem on Solaris

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: bundle path problem on Solaris
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 10:18:03 +0200

Hi,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
NSBundle *bundle = [NSBundle bundleForClass: [FSNodeRep class]];

on e.g. NetBSD, it is the FSNode bundle (inside Library/Frameworks) on Solaris it is the GWorkspace bundle and from there all resources fail to load until a crash happens.

I will try to fix NSImage/NSImageRep not to get NSData if the path is nil, but that is just the effect of the above bug: I get the wrong bundle

do you have a clue on what is going wrong? where canI look in the code for further information?

no one has a hint on how to give at least give more information? I'd like to have this sorted out before the next release, it is an old bug and problem, I just recently identified where the issue is coming from which, apparently, is not a "GWorkspace problem" but looks like a NSBundle one.

Riccardo