Re: ANN: GNUstep GUI/Back 0.24.1

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep GUI/Back 0.24.1
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 18:36:54 +0200

> Am 18.05.2015 um 18:00 schrieb Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de>:
>
> Does this require a re-release of back? I always use a make distclean before
> any configure and we recommend this for everybody. In which specific case
> would you be affected?

The released source needlessly runs configure everytime you execute the make
command. That is particularly annoying when you use sudo make install because
it creates files owned by root in the current directory. Packagers might be
offended by the needless configure run if they use something similar to make &&
make install. I'm not sure if that does justify a re-release of back though.

Wolfgang