Re: broke my GWorkspace...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: broke my GWorkspace...
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:03:40 +0200

Hi!

Gaël Elegoët wrote:

Mind you, I have another Powerbook G4 , that one running Debian 8
Jessie, and with GWorkspace-0.9.3 (think it's 0.9.3, but could be
the version before, don't the machine in front of me, anyway a
0.9...something version) installed from the Jessie repo, and there the
thumbnails works too...

I actually see that the thumbnails get created, but not displayed. I need to investigate more, better open a separate thread about that.

No, don't know how to make a theme ;) I've just swapped the originals
ones , found in /usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Images, with some OPENSTEP
icons. The Home folder and Common_folder icons are the original
OPENSTEP ones, and I've modified some to make Documents, Downloads,
Images , Library and Music folders. Also changed the Common-Root_PC
icon to an older NeXTstep icon.
Find it here attached if you like it

I think we cannot officially distribute them because of Copyright. I think thus that we cannot make an offical "NeXT theme" bundle and host it on gnustep or in GAP, what do you think? Gregory?

Perhaps it could be done externally without a particular endorsement, but even that could be hairy. You can do yourself a theme to avoid needing to re-substitute the images at your next reinstall.

Nope, whenever I click anywhere on the menu if an while a window is
minimized. See screenshot attached.
It also sometime completely freezes the machine...

Looks very weird. I dont't get that. I tested on linux/windowmaker/cairo, where are you?
Could you test the same with other applications, e.g. Ink ? or PRICE?

Riccardo