GWorkspace - thumbnail service problems

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: GWorkspace - thumbnail service problems
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:55:08 +0200

Hi all,

I seem not to get thumbnails when running them. Can someone help me understanding and fixing?

I tried on two computers, linux/x86 and freebsd/amd64 thus it is not something specific. Somebody just reported that it works for him, so I wonder if somebody can test current GWorkspace.

Furthermore, debugging is always a bit hard for a service. What I notice is that
1) the service starts and churns, since I see a lot of cpu and memory used
2) thumbnails do not appear in a folder, not even by closing the folder view and reopening it

There aren't apparently direct recent changes in it, so it looks more like bitrotting. What's your behaviour?
does the service close by itself when it has done? or when GWorkspace quits?

Riccardo