Re: Lotus Improv

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: Re: Lotus Improv
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 13:12:01 +0000

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 10:37:11PM +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> We at GAP contacted the author years ago and got the permission to
> include them in GAP. I did minor "fixes" to the code and it now appears
> to start on Mac 10.4/PPC
> It even runs on GNUstep with minimal tweaking... right out with NIB
> compatibility.
>
> It would be nice to complete it and improve also the GS working
> (although it should just be the looks: the code should work or it is a
> bug in either bad code or GS itself, since it is vintage 10.3/10.4 code).

I did some hacking on it,  based on the sourceforge code,  rather than
the GAP copy.  I had it running on 10.8.x (x86) and 10.5 (ppc),  I think
that was based upon a 10.6.8 build.

However,  poking around in the code there is still quite a lot to be done,
and I ended up putting it on the back burner while generating a .IMX
parser / importer.  I still fancy getting back to it at some point,
but I'm not sure how much of the FS code I'd end up using.

DF