Mutter and SystemPreferences

From: Alessandro Sangiuliano
Subject: Mutter and SystemPreferences
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 10:52:40 +0100

Today I tried for the first time the compositing window manager Mutter. In the console it noticed some warning using SystemPreferences:

Window manager warning: Window 0x800034 (System Preferences) sets an MWM hint indicating it isn't resizable, but sets min size 1 x 1 and max size 2147483647 x 2147483647; this doesn't make much sense.

I reported here this information because I don't know if it could be a nice information, or a possible bug fix, or just a possible improvement.

However SystemPreferences is working as expected.

I tried with other App, Gorm and Gemas, and this doesn't happen.
In general GNUstep's Apps are working well with Mutter, that is showing a greater quality code than compiz.

Alex.