Re: Savannah vs. Gitlab

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: Savannah vs. Gitlab
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 12:50:46 -0800

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Svetlana A. Tkachenko
<svetlana@members.fsf.org> wrote:
> http://translationproject.org/html/whydisclaim.html
> https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/profile/create?gid=91&reset=1
>
> --
> Svetlana A. Tkachenko
> Member of the Free Software Foundation
> www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org www.freenode.net
>
> "Svetlana A. Tkachenko" <svetlana@members.fsf.org> wrote:
>> > just the need to do a snail mail round-trip with FSF to be allowed to
>> > contribute is a great obstacle for any FSF project.
>>
>> I do not know about gnu projects, but for translationproject I was made
>> to do the sign off using an online form. This is much easier.

The FSF does accept copyright assignments online but only from a few countries,
Germany, USA, and most recently Italy, see the GNU maintainers guide
for details,
the mechanism by which this is done differs by country, some accept
GPG while others require emailing a scanned copy of the signed
paperwork

https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/fsf-to-begin-accepting-gpg-signatures-for-copyright-assignments-from-italy